What to expect at first appointment
- Fill out paperwork regarding past care, medications, allergies, insurance, etc.
- 1st appointment is usually around 1 hour in length.
- We will take necessary x-rays (usually an FMX or BWX)
- We will evaluate your hygiene and state of your mouth including a cancer screening and review proper hygiene techniques.
- Evaluate presence and risk of tooth decay, gum disease, bone loss, infection.
- Check your bite and evaluate your TMJ
- Assess need for fluoride varnish
- Clean your teeth or schedule for a deep cleaning (scale and root plane) if necessary for periodontal disease.